To meet .hack//Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual. Please discuss this issue on the talk page
Grunties (Japanese name: Puchiguso) are pig-like creatures that players have the ability to raise in Root Towns. Grunties are used as transportation across fields, finding Grunty Food and also avoiding Magic Portals. While Grunties weren't allowed to leave their Home Server during the original games, it seems this restriction was lifted later on, as Hotaru and Komiyan III were both able to bring their Grunties with them when they changed servers.
The World Grunties
The World R:2 Grunties
In The World R:2, most Grunties manage guild @Homes and take on the appearance and personality of the guildmaster. An exception is Mecha Grunty, who is found deserted on fields and can be saved by players willing to power it up with Chim-spheres.
The three Grunty Regalia are event items in The World R:2, used in Haseo's quest to become a guildmaster. They consist of the Grunty Hat (obtained from Gao-rundy), the Grunty Shoes (obtained from Mellow-rundy), and the Grunty Brush (obtained from Whiz-rundy). They are a parody of the Imperial Regalia of Japan.
List of Grunties in The World R:2
- Death-rundy (Carnard - Haseo)
- Whiz-rundy (Raven - Yata)
- Nazorunty (Twilight Brigade - Ovan)
- Mecha Grunty (Field NPC)
- Gao-rundy (Kestrel - Gabi)
- Mellow-rundy (Lunar Tree - Keyaki)
Other Notable Grunties
- Oscar: In Legend of the Twilight, Oscar is Komiyan III's Noble Grunty that has the same laugh as he does.
- Hotaru's Grunty: In Legend of the Twilight, Hotaru found a sick Baby Grunty that had been abandoned by its owner. With Shugo's help she was able to nurse it back to health. It eventually grew into a powerful Warrior Grunty (in the anime version it grew wings, but that is non-canon).