Grunties (Japanese name: Puchiguso) are pig-like creatures that players have the ability to raise in Root Towns. Grunties are used as transportation across fields, finding Grunty Food and also avoiding Magic Portals.
The World Grunties
The World R:2 Grunties
In The World R:2, most Grunties manage guild @Homes and take on the appearance and personality of the guildmaster. An exception is Mecha Grunty, who is found deserted on fields and can be saved by players willing to power it up with chim-spheres.
- Death-rundy (Canard - Haseo)
- Whiz-rundy (Raven - Yata)
- Nazorunty (Twilight Brigade - Ovan)
- Mecha Grunty (Field NPC)
- Gao-rundy (Kestrel - Gabi)
- Mellow-rundy (Lunar Tree - Keyaki)
Other Notable Grunties
- Oscar: In Legend of the Twilight, Oscar is Komiyan III's Noble Grunty that has the same laugh as he does.
- Hotaru's Grunty: In Legend of the Twilight, it was abandoned by a player Hotaru found this grunty and nursed it back to health with Shugo's help.