A Class, sometimes called a Job, is a specialization chosen by players when they create their Player Characters. Each class has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The World Classes
In the original version of The World, there were six classes.
The World Expansion Packs
As The World released more expansion packs, more classes were introduced.
- Archer (Official name and status unknown)
- Knuckle Master (Tentative English name)
- Werewolf (Not a primary class - available only through the "Class Change" campaign)
The World R:2 Classes
In the year 2015, a fire destroyed most of The World's data, and the remains had to be spliced together with another game CC Corp was working on to create The World R:2. This new game has mostly different classes from The World, often now called Jobs.
- Adept Rogue
- Blade Brandier
- Macabre Dancer
- Edge Punisher
- Flick Reaper
- Harvest Cleric
- Lord Partizan
- Shadow Warlock
- Steam Gunner
- Tribal Grappler
- Twin Blade
- Dual Gunner (Tentative English name)
Self Proclaimed Classes or Jobs
Some players that find monster fighting dull make up self proclaimed jobs to role-play in.
- Informant: PCs who sell information on how to conquer the game for money.
- Traders: PCs who broker items to be traded.
- Singers and Comedians: PCs who perform on street corners and in dungeons.
- Guard: PCs who voluntarily protect the justice of The World.
- Rare Hunter: A collector who seeks anything that is rare or famous.